Harmon Direct Positive Paper

Moderator: Black & White Moderators

nikontim

Post by nikontim »

Well ask and you shall receive . . . So I asked and here I am. I thought I would share my experiences with the Harmon Direct Positive Paper (HDPP). It is a fiber base paper. So lets see where this post goes. I use the product in 5x7 size and process it as follows.

Developer: Caffenol

Stop: Vinegar/water stop bath

Fix: Kodafix

Bath: water to clear positive

The results have been very encouraging. until I learn how to post a photo sample here I will provide a link to the sample.

The following link is to my blog and a post where I discuss the paper and my results.

https://digipaintersblog.wordpress.com/ ... r-positve/
Jill Enfield

Post by Jill Enfield »

I love the way the image looks. Have you tried to make them larger? Curious as to what they would look like if you exposed through them and enlarged.
nikontim

Post by nikontim »

Hi Jill, thanks, I have not tried enlarging them as I no longer have an enlarger and at 5x7 - 8x10 I will be contact printing. As I understand, if you shoot RC paper you can use them in an enlarger, the technique as I have read is to soak the RC paper neg in some hot water until the backing paper will lift (don't force it) then you more or less peel it off, once removed you can then use it like a normal negative, another way is to wax the backing paper (to lessen the fiber texture) to give it more transparency albeit still opaque to a degree. The fun part is the possibilities are limitless for expressive photographs.

I hope to be posting more of my explorations here soon but currently I am in the middle of an 8x10 restoration. I'll be back with more Caffenol + Paper negatives and some Harmon Direct Positive paper (Fiber Base) photos soon. Perhaps some of the new Galaxy Hyper Speed Direct Positive paper as well.