Thomas Duplex Safelight

Use this area to discuss anything to do with photography, including your latest project or anything you might be involved with.
JB Harlin

Thomas Duplex Safelight

Post by JB Harlin »

Ever wonder how this amazing darkroom safelight works?

http://jbhphoto.com/blog/2015/06/21/tho ... elight-sox
darkroommike

Thomas Duplex Safelight

Post by darkroommike »

Your page is down, just as an aside, I have both a Thomas and an Osram Duka in my home darkroom and the communal darkroom where I teach has 5! Nice darkroom to work in.
JB Harlin

Thomas Duplex Safelight

Post by JB Harlin »

Site is up. For some reason the link is being blocked by security inside the chat. Type jbhphoto.com into a new browser tab, then go to jbhphoto.com BLOG then do a search for 'Thomas Duplex Safelight' and you will find the entry.

FireFox is blocking the link no matter what I try. Other browsers (Chrome, Safari, Opera, Maxthon) allow you to click through using the 'Open It Directly' tab.

Sorry!
sanchell

Thomas Duplex Safelight

Post by sanchell »

Excellent blog on the Thompson Safelight, including the link to changing the filters. Thank you for sharing.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
JB Harlin

Thomas Duplex Safelight

Post by JB Harlin »

Hi Steve. . . Thanks! I had a bunch of info on the safelight and the SOX lamp from years back and finally put it all together in one place. Someone else sent me the info on the Rosco filters, do not rememberer who or where that came from. One thing to keep in mind is using the ND filters if you have a smaller darkroom and need to attenuate some of the light.