CPE3 Temperature Management

Use this area to discuss anything to do with photography, including your latest project or anything you might be involved with.
concerninglight

CPE3 Temperature Management

Post by concerninglight » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:19 am

Just wondering how those using Jobo processors manage the bath temp.
My CPE3, when at 38*C, has a 3-4C difference from the left side to the right side.

Thinking about getting a miniature aquarium pump to circulate the water.

sanchell

Re: CPE3 Temperature Management

Post by sanchell » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:01 pm

When you say 3-4C from the left side to right side I assume you mean 36*C to 40*C? More important, is it consistent? Does it always read one or the other, 36*C or 40*C, or can it vary each time you fire it up?

If it is the same every time then you simply run a test roll and compensate. But I get the impression it fluctuates each time you use it. If this is correct then a lot depends on whether you're processing color or b/w. With color 1*C can make a difference, and you definitely don't want the temperature fluctuating during processing. With b/w a 2*C difference is not a lot to worry about. With modern VC papers you can compensate during printing.

Standing water is more likely to be affected by ambient room temperature. Circulating water will more readily maintain a consistent temperature. The aquarium pump is a good idea.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell

concerninglight

Re: CPE3 Temperature Management

Post by concerninglight » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:02 am

Yea, when 38 on the left side, it's 34 on the right, and if I get the right side at 38 the left is 42ish. Pretty consistently.
Not too big a deal with B&W but for color it's a pain.
Trying to find a pump now that goes > 95*F lol