D5 Column and Lens Stage

Feel free to include all manner of photo related gear.
sanchell

D5 Column and Lens Stage

Post by sanchell »

I have three D5 columns and lens stages in almost new condition. if you want one or more of them for the cost of shipping. They have the wide bars for a color head but the D2 bars should fit to adapt to a b/w or cold lite head.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
andynguyen

D5 Column and Lens Stage

Post by andynguyen »

I'd love to have 1. but since i'm based oversea so i'm currently using a forwarding service. May I know how heavy the item is? & the rough shipping cost to California?
sanchell

D5 Column and Lens Stage

Post by sanchell »

Greetings, andynguyen. I see you are also interested in thelinebargers darkroom as well. In my opinion, there setup is a really good deal. If I didn't have everything I need already, I'd take them up on it.

If you are interested in this D5 as well then the weight is approximately 45 lbs. It is the XL column and the height is 54" and it's about 15" deep. I've never shipped one, so I would need to investigate where to take it to have it packaged and shipped. Let me know if you're still interested.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
andynguyen

D5 Column and Lens Stage

Post by andynguyen »

Thank you Steve. Let's see if I can secure his set. It does look very complete & ready to rock
sanchell

D5 Column and Lens Stage

Post by sanchell »

FYI, I use 4 different enlargers, ZVI 5x7, Omega D5, Beseler MX 4x5, and Beseler VXL (like the one being offered). I can attest that the VXL is an excellent enlarger. I have Alan Ross' 8x10 head mounted on the VXL and like it a lot.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
RachelAnne

D5 Column and Lens Stage

Post by RachelAnne »

Hello Steve,

New member RachelAnne trying to resuscitate an Omega D5. I am curious if any of the columns or lens stages are still available.

I purchased my D5 on Ebay and it looked spectacular until the brown truck got it and inflicted traumatic injuries to it. I've ordered a new negative stage bridge and a brake block assembly as they pretty much destroyed those. While setting it up I noticed that I could slide the lens stage vertically but it would slide back down. I pulled it off to find the plastic dovetail assembly with no spring or bearing for the twist lock to put pressure on.

If you still have the parts I need I am definitely interested.
sanchell

D5 Column and Lens Stage

Post by sanchell »

Congratulations on your darkroom.

I do have at least 3 Omega D5 columns, 2 in perfect condition and one which can be made perfect if I can find the one missing part buried in a box in my garage. You may have one or three of them! There are all 3 set up to take an Omega colorheads, however, if you have a D5 already you can swap the arms for the condenser head quite easily. If I were there I would do it for you.

I also have negative carriers, including a 4x5 glass carrier, lens boards, etc. You are welcome to these as well - just send me a wish list. You may have them for the cost of shipping.

The P.O. estimated $80 to $90 postage, and then I would need to have it professionally wrapped - that could be another $30 - $40 - I don’t know as I haven’t shipped one before.

Let me know what you would like or need.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
RachelAnne

D5 Column and Lens Stage

Post by RachelAnne »

Thanks!! E-mail sent with my wish list.