Lots of Equipment for Shipping Cost

Feel free to include all manner of photo related gear.
sanchell

Lots of Equipment for Shipping Cost

Post by sanchell »

I maintain the darkrooms for Crescent Valley High School, one of the last HS darkroom programs in Oregon. A lot of equipment is donated and much of it is inappropriate for high school use. For example, the students primarily use 35mm. I have a score of 75mm, 80mm, 100mm, 135mm lenses in excellent condition (all the 50mms are being used). I have paper safes, enlargers, trays, trays, and more trays. As a member of the DCB Forum, if there is something you need let me know and you can have it for shipping cost. Here is a short list. If there is something you are interested in but would like to see a photo let me know and I'll get it to you as soon as possible.

Also, everything is in good to excellent condition. If it's not, I'll let you know. However, there is no way that I have the time to test everything so nothing is guaranteed and as the item is free except for shipping you'll need to dispose of it at your end and no refunds for shipping!

NOTE: All lenses are either Schneider Componon, Rodenstock Rodagon, or Nikkor unless otherwise specified.

MTO = more than one

11x14" paper safes (MTO)
8x10" paper safes, single drawer (MTO)
8x10" paper safes, multiple drawer (MTO)
All size trays up to 20 x 24"
8x10" Safelights (MTO)
5x7" Safelights (MTO)
1A, 2A, OC, etc. filters for safelights
Archival Washers (MTO - ask)
Beseler 4x5 MXT enlarger
Cold Lite heads
JOBO processor odds and ends
Daylight 4x5" film developing tanks
35mm, 120mm stainless steel reels (MTO)
Plastic reels (MTO)
Stainless steel tanks
220 stainless steel reel
Omega D5 enlarger in original box (box is beat up so will have to be repackaged - ask)
Time-o-Lite Process Timers
Voltage Stabilizers (MTO)
Speed EZels, all sizes (MTO)

Lots, lots, lots more. Just ask.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
andynguyen

Re: Lots of Equipment for Shipping Cost

Post by andynguyen »

Oh my... it's a gold mine you're sitting on, Steve...

If I may, I would like to have these:

Omega D5 enlarger (minus the baseboard for weight reduction)
2 11x14 paper safe
4 20x24 trays
2 grain focusers
1 archival washer (hopefully 11x14 or bigger)
1 135mm lens
Last edited by andynguyen on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
sanchell

Post by sanchell »

Greetings, All. I am overwhelmed, but gratified, with the response for equipment. I would like to see this equipment out of storage and put to good use. As of this moment I have more than 40 requests. I will answer each of you individually in the order your request was received. I will also fulfill your request in that order.

In many cases I only have 1 or 2 of each item and multiple requests. For example, there are more than 10 requests for archival washers, and I think I have two. A lot of people have requests for multiple items. If I don't have enough of a specific item to go around I will ask you for your order of priority so everyone gets something.

I will be listing more gear here as I go through to dig out what has been requested and come across other items. For example, I just found a like new Gravity Works Roll Film Washer if anyone's interested, and if you have an Omega D5, I have 2 sets of lifter springs if one or more of yours is bent or broken.

Finally, I'm going to need time to process all of this. Everything has to be located while I am writing another book for Focal, and editing Bill Troop's 2nd edition of the Film Developing Cookbook (boy, is it good, I can hardly believe the new info Bill is coming up with on pyro and archival processing). Not only that but I'm preparing for two workshops in Cuba, Havana NUDE and Havana Street Photography - Bring your camera and join me. (In case you didn't realize it, this last bit was an opportunistic plug.) ;)
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
RachelAnne

Post by RachelAnne »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the terrific offer. I would like to submit the following wish list if I may.

135mm Lens
Daylight 4x5" film developing tank
11x14" paper safe
8x10 paper safe
set of 11x14 trays

Thanks!!

Rachel
sanchell

Post by sanchell »

Greetings, Everyone.

I'm gratified with the response for equipment. I would much rather know this was being used than gathering dust in my garage. However, the response has been overwhelming. We're approaching 50 requests for everything from 16x20 easels to 10ml glass beakers! I have spent most of the last few days creating an Xcel spreadsheet just to sort this out.

I will begin shipping a few orders at a time next week. I'm guessing it's going to take at least a month to get to everybody. I'm going in the order the request was received. I am also going to try to see that everyone gets at least one item.

IF YOU MADE A REQUEST PLEASE ASSUME I WILL BE SENDING AT LEAST ONE ITEM. THEREFORE, SEND ME YOUR USPS SHIPPING ADDRESS NOW SO I DON'T HAVE TO WRITE A PERSONAL EMAIL TO EVERYONE REQUESTING IT!!!!!

In the meantime, no more requests! After these are filled I will send out another list of equipment I have left, most likely in January after I return from Cuba.

As far as shipping costs, I will be mailing small items via USPS Priority Mail. The medium size flat rate box is about $14. I don't know how much the large box costs. This is the honor system. When the item is shipped I will ask you to go on Paypal and make a payment for the shipping cost. If you have a UPS account and would like to order a pick-up let me know.

One more thing: This offer is made to DCB Forum members. I have been receiving requests from non-forum members who have been alerted by ... forum members.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell
rrusso

Post by rrusso »

PM sent w/personal info
sanchell

Post by sanchell »

An update on this post. I managed to send equipment to 7 people this week, and have 7 more scheduled for next week. As mentioned, I am going in the order the request was received. Also, because many people want the same item I am limiting what I send to the primary request (for example, enlarging lens), and sending the secondary items (for example, paper trays), to someone further down the line. So, you may not receive everything you asked for.

FYI, there are nearly 50 requests, and new ones come in each day.
Do it in the Dark,

Steve Anchell