Tim Layton

We are proud to have the following photographers moderating this forum. If you feel you are qualified to moderate any of the forums please contact Steve Anchell (user name: sanchell).
timlayton

Tim Layton

Post by timlayton »

I describe myself as a professional nature photographer and darkroom fine art black and white printmaker.

I am primarily a large format photographer. I have several view cameras (4x5, Whole Plate, 8x10, and 11x14) with a variety of reducing backs (5x7, 4x10, 5x14). I use the backs to control my print size because I typically create pure platinum contact prints as my medium of choice. I collect and use roll film cameras, mostly for personal use and when I know I will be making an enlarged silver gelatin print.

I live off the grid full time in the Ozark Mountains where I create my electricity from solar and wind and I source my water from my land for my home and darkroom. I try and live in a responsible and healthy way that makes the smallest impact possible on our natural resources.

Ultimately, my photography is about my deep love for nature. I use my passion for nature to bring joy to people and to raise awareness and shine the light on important matters. I feel blessed that I get to help fellow photographers master the skills needed to create high-quality photographs and fine art prints via my in person and video-based workshops. More info on the darkroom video workshops on my website at http://www.timlaytonfineart.com/workshops

-Tim Layton